Are you self-conscious about stains or cracks on your teeth? Veneers may offer a simple solution. Here’s what you should know:
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin, white shells that are attached to the front surface of the teeth. They are custom fitted to each tooth to create a whiter, brighter, and completely natural looking smile. In some cases, they can be compared to artificial fingernails, but they are much sturdier and long lasting. These shells are usually made from porcelain to provide the best, most aesthetically pleasing and sturdy results.
What are the benefits of choosing veneers?
There are a number of benefits associated with veneers. Some of these benefits include:
- They can completely hide stains and discoloration on your teeth that can’t be removed with other whitening procedures.
- They can be custom created to accurately match the shape and color of your teeth while improving your overall smile.
- Veneers can improve the appearance of your teeth without significantly altering the structure of the tooth underneath or touching any soft tissue inside the tooth.
- Veneers are very stain resistant.
- They can hide chips and cracks in your teeth.
- Veneers can last for many years if they are well taken care of.
- They add an extra layer of protection to the exterior of your tooth.
What should you expect?
If you choose veneers, you’ll visit your dentist and decide on a plan. Your teeth will be measured and custom veneers will be created. Some veneers can be crafted using an in office machine while others need to be sent to an outside laboratory to create the best results. Once the veneers are prepared, they’ll be bonded to your teeth. In some cases this might mean that a very small amount of enamel has to be removed to prepare the teeth, but since the veneers will be attached to the surface, you’ll still have an extra layer of protection that keeps the inside of your teeth healthy while making your smile appear more attractive.
If you’d like to learn more about veneers and other cosmetic treatments that can give you the smile you want, schedule a consultation today.