When patients are considering a cosmetic smile makeover, it can be simple or complex depending on their needs. Some patients benefit from just a single treatment to address a simple concern, while others may require several different treatments to get the results they desire. There are many factors to take into consideration when planning for your dream smile, and the team at New Smiles Dental can work with patients of the Sherwood, Oregon area to start designing a new look! Below are just a few things to consider when planning for your smile makeover:
- Stain-free teeth – when staining impacts the appearance of the smile, it can cause patients to feel self-conscious. Extrinsic stains can be addressed with professional teeth whitening. It is a good idea for patients to start with this procedure first before undergoing other restorative options to ensure their new smile is of the same shade and color.
- Minor tooth repairs – broken or chipped teeth can be sharp as well as vulnerable to further damage. Using solutions such as composite resin bonding, patients can reshape these teeth and restore their appearance in a single appointment.
- Reshaping the gumline – gum contouring often done to address a gummy smile or realign the gum line after recession from periodontal disease. Gum contouring can make a dramatic difference in the appearance of the smile.
- Covering imperfections – some imperfections, such as spaces between teeth and misaligned teeth, can be simply disguised with the use of porcelain veneers. These thin ceramic facings cover the front of the teeth to hide problem areas.
- Replacing missing teeth – patients who have missing teeth impacting the function, beauty, and health of the smile can replace them with various options based on their needs. Our practice offers dentures, dental bridges, and dental implants for tooth replacement.
Call New Smiles Dental today to start planning your dental work
If you are considering smile makeover services with our cosmetic dental team, we advise you to call our front office team to book a consultation appointment with our dentists. Our facility is located at 17680 Southwest Handley, Ste. #101 and can be reached by phone at (503) 925-9595. We are gladly accepting new and current patients into our family-friendly dental office!