Dental implants are a reliable and effective way of replacing one or more teeth in the smile. They continue to garner attention because of their many benefits. The team at New Smiles Dental in Sherwood, OR, is here to educate you on why these restorations are a great solution for restoring the function and appearance of the smile.
What are the five main advantages of dental implants?
There are many reasons why our patients may choose to have dental implants placed instead of bridges or dentures.
Below are some of the more common benefits to consider when it comes to restoring the smile with these prosthetics:
- Dental implants function like natural teeth. In addition to restoring the function of the smile to eat, chew, and speak, these restorations also look like your teeth as well. This is because the implants are restored with custom porcelain crowns and bridges that mimic the appearance of natural tooth enamel and are made to match the size and color of your existing teeth.
- Dental implants maintain bone. When you lose a tooth, the root is no longer available to maintain the bone in the area. By replacing the tooth with a dental implant, it provides the stimulation the bone needs to stay in place. This eliminates the risk of dental resorption.
- Dental implants are strong and stable. Because the dental implant is placed in the jawbone, it can provide secure placement and foundation for restorations.
- Dental implants are easy to care for. While dentures and bridges often require daily attention, your dental implants, and restorations are cared for in the same manner as your remaining natural teeth. This includes brushing, flossing, and routine cleaning and examinations at New Smiles Dental.
- Dental implants are durable. Our patients find that with proper care and attention, their dental implants will last a lifetime.
Connect with the team at New Smiles Dental of Sherwood, OR, today!
Are you ready to learn more about dental implants and whether or not they will restore your smile? Contact the team at New Smiles Dental today at 503-925-9595 to request an appointment. We accept new and returning patients interested in general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry.